Microwave scrambled eggs
Microwaved scrambled eggs are a great way to get a healthy lunch or breakfast at work cheaply and easily.
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese or cream cheese
- milk a dash
- salt and pepper
- bread of your choice gluten-free if required
- 1 lemon or lime small
- ½ avocado sliced
- 2 small tomatoes sliced
- (You’ll need a toaster and microwave at work for this recipe.) Pack up ingredients and take to work.
- Crack eggs into a ceramic bowl, add cheese and milk and season. Whisk with a fork to mix. Make toast.
- Loosely cover bowl then microwave it on high for 40 seconds. Stir and cook for another 40 seconds. Check and give it another short burst if needed. Tip eggs onto toast, sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with sliced avocado and tomatoes on the side.
They don’t have the exact same consistency of scrambled eggs cooked in a pan, but they’re pretty good nonetheless. Check how the eggs look after the first 40 seconds and if they are nearly done just stir and do a smaller burst – some microwaves cook things faster than others. If you do this often then you could leave a jar of nice relish in the fridge at your work to add some extra flavour. If you want a lighter meal you could serve the eggs on top of spinach leaves, tomato and avocado for a breakfast salad.