Winter Wake Up Smoothie
This delicious smoothie is packed full of goodness like warming ginger and turmeric, vitamin-C packed orange and kiwifruit, and prebiotic yoghurt. These ingredients are perfect to help keep you feeling good from the inside out this Winter.
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwifruit or ½ cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 orange flesh of
- fresh ginger 2cm piece peeled, chopped
- fresh turmeric 2cm piece peeled, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cup milk cow’s, almond, soy etc
- a few ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and drink up the goodness!
To make it an easy habit to adopt, pre-cut all your ingredients for this Winter smoothie and divide between little plastic zip-lock bags and store in the freezer. Then all you have to do is take one out to defrost every night and it’s all ready to chuck in the blender and go in the morning! Turmeric is an amazing anti-inflammatory – use fresh if you can get hold of it. Otherwise you can use a good pinch of dried ground turmeric, or just leave it out. It looks like ginger but bright orange, and tastes like a mix between carrot, ginger and orange. Ginger has long been used for treating gastro effects, settling tummies etc, and is also thought to have anti-inflammatory properties. Like the turmeric, fresh ginger is much more effective.