Tasty BBQ Prawns
These BBQ prawns are so delicious – the smoked paprika marinade makes them really moreish. Make sure your BBQ is nice and hot before you start grilling so you get a beautiful char on the prawns.
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce GF if required
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 dozen large raw prawns shelled
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water
- natural unsweetened yoghurt ½ cup
- 1 handful coriander/cilantro chopped
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and combine with prawns. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if you have the time.
- When ready to cook, Preheat BBQ to medium high heat. Lift prawns out of marinade (reserving any leftover marinade) and thread 3 prawns (or 6 smaller prawns) on to each bamboo skewer.
- Season prawns with salt and cook on BBQ until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes, turning once.
- Heat remaining marinade in a small pot on the stove top, or in the microwave. Then mix with yoghurt and coriander.
- Serve prawn skewers with yoghurt sauce to dip. Alternatively remove prawns from skewers and toss with mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes and the yoghurt sauce.
BBQ prawns a great entree served on skewers and dipped into the tangy yoghurt sauce, or you can even BBQ the prawns then toss through a salad of mango, avocado and cherry tomatoes with the yoghurt sauce as a dressing and a jacket potato or bread on the side to make a balanced, decent sized meal. If using smaller prawns, double the quantity to four dozen. Use a hot pan on the stove top if you don’t have a BBQ.