Spring salad with yoghurt mint dressing
Try this simple yet healthy spring salad recipe that is fantastic accompanied with a tasty yoghurt mint dressing and will take you through the working week, so stock up on jars and containers, hit the supermarket and get chopping.
- a few radishes sliced
- 5 slices cucumber
- a few cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 slice goat’s-milk feta
- roast almonds small handful
- ½ cup leftover cooked chicken or hot-smoked salmon
- ½ orange peeled, sliced
- fresh herbs micro greens and borage flowers (flowers optional)
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- ½ lemon or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- good pinch sugar
- ½ cup freshly torn mint leaves
- Before work, put salad ingredients in sealed container (we used an Agee jar). Put dressing ingredients, plus salt and pepper to season, in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate until needed.
- At work, assemble salad. Shake jar and drizzle dressing over salad.
If you’re in the habit of shelling out your hard-earned money for a salad, sandwich or soup at work each day, it might be time for a menu change-up. Save some coin and impress your colleagues with these nutritionally dense and easy-to-prep work lunches – and never go hangry again! Bring the dressing for the spring salad in a separate container, then when you get to lunch time all you need to do it shake both together.