These delicious snowballs prove that festive treats don’t have to be unhealthy or time consuming. They are a breeze to make (you just blitz all the ingredients up in a food processor, then roll the mixture into balls)
- 1½ cups blanched almonds or macadamias or a mixture of the two
- 2½ cups shredded coconut or coconut thread
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- salt good pinch of
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- lemon zest of 1
- orange zest of 1
- lemon juice of 1 use zested one above
- Place 1½ cups of coconut (reserve the remaining 1 cup for coating the balls) and all remaining ingredients in a food processor and blitz until the mixture is well combined and comes together like a big clump of dough mixture. This will probably take about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the food processor as necessary to make sure everything is well blended together.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls then roll in the reserved coconut, coating the balls well. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat, or offer as a gift. They are best eaten within a few days, but will keep for up to a week. They can also be frozen.
The snowballs can be made in bulk quantities, so you can make enough gifts for everyone in no time! They make the perfect little gift packaged up in a little box with ribbon tied around. They are so yummy and moreish, but they’re gluten-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free, so you don’t even have to feel guilty about treating yourself! If you wanted to so something extra-special, you could also make these hazelnut chocolate truffles and give people a mixture of each!