Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon Loaf
This is one seriously delicious Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon Loaf that everyone will love! It’s so easy to make – simply mash the bananas and mix all of the ingredients together, that’s it.
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter
- ½ cup honey
- 3 large bananas, ripe mashed
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup flour e.g. plain, wholemeal, or gluten-free or buckwheat flour, or ground almonds to make GF
- 1 teaspoon baking soda check it is gluten-free if required
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 lemons zested
- salt one pinch
- Preheat oven to 180 degC/355 Fahrenheit.
- Gently melt honey and coconut oil/butter together in a small pot.
- Use a fork to mix mashed bananas, coconut, flour, baking soda, honey mixture, eggs, lemon zest and salt together in a large mixing bowl until just combined, but be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- The loaf will keep (unsliced) in an airtight container for up to 5 days. It also freezes well. A slice of this is delicious warmed up and spread with a little butter!
You’ll find this is the perfect recipe for the kids to make – and I’ve included a video with tips and tricks to help you re-create this at home. This loaf is sweetened with banana and honey, with no refined sugar added, making it a great healthy lunch box idea! To receive my Healthy Food Channel videos and recipes direct to your inbox, subscribe here.