This tropical bircher will whisk you away to the islands with it’s delicious flavours of mango, passionfruit and coconut!
Tropical bircher is the perfect quick, healthy Summer breakfast! You could easily mix this together in the morning and take to work to eat at your desk. Have the dry ingredients and mashed banana ready to go the night before so its just the milks left to be added. Normally bircher muesli needs to be soaked overnight, but this version you can make instantly! It’s important to use fine rolled oats, also known as quick oats or Scotch oats for this recipe or the liquid won’t absorb quickly enough to be eaten straight away! If you like this recipe, you’ll also like my instant apple, banana and strawberry bircher muesli.
This recipe comes from the August/September issue of NADIA magazine.
- ripe bananas 2, mashed
- quick oats 1 cup
- dried mango, pineapple or apricots (or a combination) ¼ cup, chopped
- ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- ground ginger ¼ teaspoon
- vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
- coconut milk ¾ cup
- almond milk ¼ cup
- fresh mango 1, peeled and diced
- passionfruit pulp 1-2
- coconut flakes or shredded coconut lightly toasted
- Add all the muesli ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Leave for about 15 minutes in the fridge to let the oats absorb the liquid and soften.
- Divide Bircher muesli between serving bowls and top with fresh mango, passionfruit and coconut.