Thyme-roasted portabello mushrooms
These juicy roast portabello mushrooms make a beautiful side dish to barbecued or roasted meat.
- 12 portabello mushrooms stalks intact
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel and place (gill-side up) in an oven-proof dish.
- Combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over the mushrooms. Scatter whole thyme sprigs on top.
- Roast mushrooms for 12-15 minutes until just cooked through.
Portabello mushrooms are one of my favourite vegetables. They’re great as a side, or even in burgers instead of a meat patty. This recipe comes from the August/September issue of NADIA magazine.