This sweet, tangy, creamy smoothie is a perfect afternoon snack as well as being oh-so pretty and equally refreshing. Tamarillo are also known as tree tomatoes, and are in season in the winter months.
The beautiful vibrant colour is proof of its high antioxidant content, so you know its going to be good for you! It’s also a quick and easy way to boost your Vitamin C levels (tamarillo are particularly good for this!), and the kids too!
- frozen raspberries 1 cup
- tamarillos flesh of 2-3 ripe
- runny natural yoghurt 1 1/4 cup (if your yoghurt is really thick, thin it out with a little water)
- runny honey 2-3 teaspoons, to taste
- vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy.