When I was a kid I loooooved home-made milkshakes and my favourite flavour was strawberry vanilla. During summer school holidays when strawberries are in-season, why not get the kids to make their own milkshakes – it makes a very nutritious afternoon treat they will love!
Packed full of calcium and vitamins, its a much healthier (and more delicious) alternative to those processed, sugary strawberry vanilla milks that we all know kids love. You can make this milkshake dairy-free by replacing the milk for soy or almond milk, or even mixed with a bit of coconut milk. Fresh of frozen strawberries would work in this recipe.
- strawberries or raspberries (fresh or frozen) 2 cups
- milk 1 ½ cups (or use almond or soy milk for a dairy-free option)
- liquid honey or maple syrup (vegan) 1 tablespoon
- vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.