Slow-roast tomato and baba ganoush canapés
These easy slow-roast tomato and baba ganoush on lavash cracker canapes are super easy to prepare and are popular with a crowd.
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes red and/or yellow, cut in half
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 150-200 g store-bought baba ganoush
- crostini lavash crackers or crispy pita chips
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, on lined tray. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and scatter over thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 45-60 minutes or until tomatoes are shrivelled but still juicy.
- Spread baba ganoush on crostini, crackers or pita chips and top with a couple of roast tomato halves.
Prepare the slow-roast tomatoes in advance so these canapes can be thrown together quickly. You can buy great baba ganoush from the supermarket, but if you want to make it yourself, use this smoky eggplant dip recipe here. These canapes are great as part of a Middle Eastern feast with a combination of Asparagus Fattoush, Beetroot, Spiced Almond, Date & Feta Salad, Arabian Roast Chicken, Pomegranate Sauce & Pilav, Honey-Roast Pumpkin with Tahini Yoghurt & Dukkah, Fish with Sesame, Pistachio & Harissa Crust, and Eggplant, Pomegranate, Feta & Mint Israeli Couscous.