A smoothie bowl is a fun way to change up your usual smoothie. I love the bonus of getting to add delicious toppings!
Any smoothie can be made into a smoothie bowl, but I particularly like this recipe for it’s smoothness and freshness. It contains all sorts of goodness making it perfect for a healthy breakfast. You want your bowl to be nice and thick so you can eat it with a spoon, so it might pay to use frozen banana slices. I added strawberries, mint leaves and chia seeds as toppings. Other topping ideas that work are cacao nibs, granola, any fruit, nuts, seeds or coconut flakes.
- frozen mango pieces (find in the frozen section at the supermarket) 1½ cups
- ripe banana 1
- just-ripe avocado 1/2
- Juice 1 lime or ½ lemon
- almond or other milk (or 1½ cups cold water and 1 Tbsp almond butter) 1½ cups
- chopped greens (eg spinach, kale), tough stalks removed 1 cup
- handful mint leaves
- Place everything in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into bowls or glasses and garnish with anything you like. I went with sliced strawberries, mint leaves and chia seeds.