Using nut butter in these cookies makes them rich, nutty and delicious, and replaces the need for regular butter or flour, making them gluten and dairy-free. They’re a little chewy and soft inside – simply scrumptious with a glass of milk. And you won’t believe how quick and easy they are to make!
If you like, you can replace half the nut butter with rolled oats, and you can also replace the chocolate chips with sultanas.
*Gluten-free without oats, or use desiccated coconut instead of oats
*Dairy-free if you use dairy-free dark chocolate or sultanas
- nut butter e.g. peanut butter or almond butter 1 cup (or use ½ cup nut butter and ½ cup rolled oats (not GF) or desiccated coconut)
- brown or muscovado sugar ½ cup
- free-range egg 1 large
- vanilla essence or extract ½ teaspoon
- chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (milk or dark) or sultanas 1/3 cup
Preheat oven to 180degC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture and place on prepared oven tray. Flatten slightly with the back of a fork or spoon. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool. If storing, allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Have a couple with a glass of milk – yum!
- nutrition based on half nut butter half oats