If you are a fan of spicy foods like me, this mango lassi is the perfect meal accompaniment for you.
An Indian classic, the mango and honey give this lassi a hint of natural sweetness, while the yoghurt cools the burn of capsaicin (what gives chillies their heat!). Enjoy a glass with my South East Asian Chicken, Potato and Bean Curry or Chicken Saagwala. It’s also a great smoothie on it’s own, and is especially loved by kids.
- ripe mangoes flesh of 2 large
- natural unsweetened yoghurt or coconut yogurt (dairy-free) 1 1/2 cups
- liquid honey 2-3 tablespoons
- ground cardamom one pinch (optional)
- ice cubes one handful
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour into tall glasses and serve.