This is one seriously delicious Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon Loaf that everyone will love! It’s so easy to make – simply mash the bananas and mix all of the ingredients together, that’s it.
You’ll find this is the perfect recipe for the kids to make – and I’ve included a video with tips and tricks to help you re-create this at home. This loaf is sweetened with banana and honey, with no refined sugar added, making it a great healthy lunch box idea! To receive my Healthy Food Channel videos and recipes direct to your inbox, subscribe here.
- coconut oil or butter ½ cup
- honey ½ cup
- bananas 3 large ripe, mashed
- desiccated coconut 2 cups
- flour 1 cup (e.g. plain, wholemeal, or gluten-free or buckwheat flour, or ground almonds to make GF)
- baking soda 1 teaspoon (check it is gluten-free if required)
- free-range eggs 4
- lemons 2, zested
- salt one pinch
Preheat oven to 180 degC/355 Fahrenheit.
- Gently melt honey and coconut oil/butter together in a small pot.
- Use a fork to mix mashed bananas, coconut, flour, baking soda, honey mixture, eggs, lemon zest and salt together in a large mixing bowl until just combined, but be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
The loaf will keep (unsliced) in an airtight container for up to 5 days. It also freezes well. A slice of this is delicious warmed up and spread with a little butter!