A refreshing delicious kiwifruit sorbet is a great, easy dessert, especially if you’re dairy-free or vegan!
This is a great way to eat delicious, slightly sour kiwifruit in summer, and much healthier than most desserts! Use ripe green kiwifruit for this recipe (unripe kiwifruit will be too sour). Adding an egg white helps fluff the kiwifruit sorbet up even more, however it is not necessary – if you’re vegan or don’t want to use it then omit. If you like this easy recipe then you’ll also like my three-ingredient boysenberries and cream ‘ice cream’ (vegan option available) or this instant feijoa ice cream!
- green kiwifruit 6-7 ripe, peeled and sliced
- lime juice ¼ cup
- sugar ¼ cup (or 2 tablespoons honey)
- egg white 1 (optional)
- Place kiwifruit in a dish, container or lay on a tray lined with baking paper. Freeze overnight until hard.
- Place lime juice and sugar or honey in a bowl or small pot and either microwave or heat on the stovetop until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place frozen kiwifruit in a food processor and blitz until a crumb consistency. Add lime syrup and blitz to combine. Lastly add egg white and blitz until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or scoop into a container and freeze for a few hours until ready to serve. It is best eaten within 4 hours of freezing.