Greek-style Lamb Sausage Salad
This hearty Greek-style lamb salad is full of wonderfully fresh Greek flavours, and is so quick and easy to prepare.
Just simply barbecue the sausages and toss with the salad. Perfect for a summers evening enjoyed with a glass of wine and friends. Be sure to buy good quality sausages for this recipe, preferably ones that are Greek-style if your butcher has them! This kind of salad would also keep really well if you wanted to prepare it the night before and take it to work in a container. You would just want to bring the dressing separately, and cool down the sausages before you added them to the other salad ingredients.
- good quality lamb sausages 6
- chickpeas 2 x 400g can, rinsed and drained
- telegraph cucumber 1/2, halved lengthways and sliced
- cherry tomatoes 1 punnet, halved
- roast red capsicum (pepper) 2, sliced (from the deli or jar)
- black kalamata olives 1/2 cup
- fresh mint leaves 1/2 cup torn
- flat-leaf parsley 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- feta cheese 100g, crumbled
- lemon juice of 1
- extra-virgin olive oil a drizzle
- balsamic vinegar a drizzle
Preheat barbecue grill on medium heat.
- Cook sausages for 3-4 minutes each side until well browned and cooked through.
- Slice cooked sausages and toss with remaining salad ingredients.
- Dress with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar just before serving.