Strawberry Vanilla Milkshake
When I was a kid I loooooved home-made milkshakes and my favourite flavour was strawberry vanilla. During summer school holidays when strawberries are in-season, why not get the kids to make their own milkshakes – it makes a very nutritious afternoon treat they will love!
- 2 cups strawberries or raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ cup milk or use almond or soy milk for a dairy-free option
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey or maple syrup (vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Packed full of calcium and vitamins, its a much healthier (and more delicious) alternative to those processed, sugary strawberry vanilla milks that we all know kids love. You can make this milkshake dairy-free by replacing the milk for soy or almond milk, or even mixed with a bit of coconut milk. Fresh of frozen strawberries would work in this recipe.