This is one of my favourite meals to make with leftover potatoes, or even kumara. I must have made this dish dozens of times, for brunch, lunch or even as a casual dinner!
- potatoes (skin on) 4 medium, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- olive oil 2 tablespoons
- onion 1, chopped
- curry powder 2 teaspoons
- chopped spinach or baby spinach 2 cups
- lemon juice of 1
- haloumi cheese 150g, cut into 8 slices
- eggs 4
- mayonnaise 2 tablespoons
- greek yoghurt 2 tablespoons
- coriander (cilantro) ¼ cup chopped
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold water with a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and cook potatoes for 3 minutes, until just cooked through, and drain.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large fry pan and add onion, cook for a few minutes until soft. Add remaining olive oil, curry powder and cooked potatoes, stir and cook a few minutes. Add spinach and lemon juice and toss with potatoes until the spinach has wilted, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a separate fry pan on medium heat and fry Haloumi slices 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown, and soft on the inside.
- Bring a medium sized saucepan of water to a gentle boil, reduce to a simmer, and carefully crack in eggs. Poach for 1-2 minutes until whites are just set, but yolk is still runny.
- Mix mayonnaise with yoghurt.
- To serve, divide potato mixture between plates, top with a poached egg and 2 slices of haloumi. Garnish with coriander and serve with a dollop of yoghurt mayonnaise to the side.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Total Fat28.7 g