Chilli bean and mince dip with cheesy wrap chips
Next time you’ve got big or small mouths to feed, whip a batch of this chilli bean dip!
Rich and smokey, this dip goes down a treat with the whole family. If spice is a bit of a no-go zone, simply adjust the measure of chilli flakes to suit.
I love the idea of serving these with cheesy wrap chips. All you need to do is take a packet of lunch wraps, sprinkle on some cheese and ta-da – cheesy, golden ‘chips’!
This recipe is from the August/September issue of NADIA Magazine.
Photography by: Todd Eyre.
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
- onion 1 small, finely diced
- garlic 1 clove, finely sliced
- lean beef mince 500 g
- red capsicum ½, finely diced
- yellow capsicum ½, finely diced
- dried oregano 1 teaspoon
- smoked paprika ½ teaspoon
- chilli flakes ½ teaspoon, or to taste
- diced tomatoes 400 g can
- red kidney beans 400 g can, rinsed and drained
- water ½ cup
- barbecue sauce ½ cup
Cheesy wrap chips
- red capsicum wraps 6
- cooking spray
- cheese 1 cup, grated
- avocado diced, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or frying pan and sauté the onion, garlic and mince for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat until browned and broken up. Add the capsicum, oregano, paprika and chilli and mix well.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, beans and water and simmer for 15-20 minutes until reduced. Add the barbecue sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- For the wrap chips, preheat the oven to 180°C and line two trays with baking paper. Place wraps on trays, lightly coat with cooking spray, sprinkle over cheese and bake for 4-5 minutes or until golden and toasted. Remove from the oven and cut into wedges while hot.
- Serve chilli mince, sprinkled with avocado if desired, with cheesy wrap chips on the side for dipping.