Black Doris Plum Sorbet
This recipe is so simple (you just need one ingredient!) and soooooo good!
- 850 g canned black doris plums juice reserved
- 50 ml gin
- Cut plums in half and remove stones. Place plums in a dish or container, or lay on a tray lined with baking paper, and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight until frozen hard.
- Place frozen plums in a food processor with about 1/4 cup of the reserved plum juice, blend until smooth.
- Return to container and freeze until ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop into serving bowls (I like to chill my serving bowls in the freezer too before serving, so they keep the sorbet nice and cold when served) and pour over a little gin or vodka if using.
Tinned black doris plums have a gorgeous sweet and tart flavour, perfect for a refreshing sorbet. If you’re in the mood, serve this sorbet with a shot of gin or vodka poured over top – a fun way to end a dinner party.