Breakfast treat tarts
These breakfast treat tarts are a delicious sweet option for your Pink Ribbon Breakfast!
If you need to transport these tarts to your venue, the best thing to do would be to bake the pastry in advance and keep in a airtight container so it stays crispy (let it cool right down first before putting in the container). Bring all the toppings with you in containers and then assemble right before it’s time to eat. Be careful spreading the jam as not to crush the pastry – warming it up in the microwave first will make it easier to work with.
I love the taste of coconut yoghurt with these tarts, but if you want to use regular yoghurt then Greek yoghurt would do nicely. You could even make the jam yourself – my raspberry chia jam would be perfect.
- puff pastry 1 square sheet
- cream ½ cup
- coconut yoghurt ¼ cup
- ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- vanilla essence or extract 1 teaspoon
- berry jam 6 teaspoon
- sliced fresh fruit, eg kiwifruit, banana, strawberries, blueberries etc
- nuts and seeds, thread coconut and toasted muesli or granola, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut pastry sheet into six rectangles and lay on a baking tray (no need to line it). Prick each piece of pastry a few times with a fork. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Whip cream until it forms soft peaks, then fold through the yoghurt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spread each pastry rectangle with jam and allow to cool to room temperature. Dollop with yoghurt cream, top with sliced fruit, and sprinkle over nuts and seeds, coconut and muesli or granola. Serve immediately.