Hot fennel and honey milk drink
This simple hot milk drink is perfect snack for breastfeeding mums, containing fennel seeds (a known galactologue which promotes lactation), cinnamon and honey.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds or alternatively you can use ground fennel
- 1 cup milk cows, almond or soy
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place fennel seeds in a fry pan and toast on medium heat for a few minutes until light golden and fragrant. Finely crush/grind in a mortar and pestle (note: you can do a few tablespoons of fennel seeds at a time and keep aside for more milk drinks).
- Add milk to pan, along with crushed fennel, honey and ground cinnamon and stir until milk is warm/hot (but do not let it boil). Pour into a mug and enjoy with a cookie!
A mug of it goes great with one of these lactation cookies! ???? *To make dairy-free, use almond or soy milk