Goats cheese log with cranberries, nuts, herbs and honey
This goats cheese log is created using soft goat’s cheese that is rolled in a mixture of nuts, dried fruit and fresh herbs. It makes a great addition to your standard cheeseboard, especially at Christmas time with all its festive flavours and colours.
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary finely chopped
- ¼ cup cranberries finely chopped
- 100-150 g soft goats cheese keep cold – this makes it easier to work with
- wafer crackers or crusty bread use gluten-free if required
- 2-3 tablespoons liquid honey to drizzle (I used Airborne’s Beech Tree Honey)
- Mix pistachio nuts, walnuts, thyme, rosemary and cranberries together.
- Roll goats cheese log in nut, herb and cranberry mixture, ensuring it is well coated. Press down gently as you roll, to pack mixture on.
- Just before serving, drizzle generously with honey.
- Serve goats cheese log at room temperature with crackers and more honey, and any leftover nut, herb and cranberry mixture.
It’s so quick to make too – simply chop the nuts, fruit and herbs and roll the cheese in it. Be sure to drizzle lots of honey all over – goats cheese and honey go sooooo well together! Serve room temperature (very important for all cheeses!) with some nice crackers or crusty bread – yum. This also makes a great dessert if you’re after something a bit different.