Fresh lemongrass and ginger tea
Ahh lemongrass, one of my favourite flavours. I love it so much in fact, that my My Food Bag Foodie name is Nadia ‘Lemongrass’ Lim! This tea is on high rotation at my house over Winter, its the perfect way to warm up when it’s chilly out.
- 600 ml water filtered is best, but from the tap is fine
- 2 lemongrass stalks bruised
- fresh ginger 2.5 centimetre piece thinly sliced
- honey to taste omit for vegan, or use your favourite vegan sweetener
- In a pot, boil water (filtered is best, but from the tap is fine), bruised stalks lemongrass and a piece of thinly sliced ginger for about 10 minutes.
- Strain into cups and sweeten with honey to taste.
To bruise the lemongrass, first remove the hard, woody outer layer then bash stalk with the back of your knife. This will ensure the flavour can escape the lemongrass and into your tea! This recipe is from the June/July issue of NADIA magazine.