Grilled Salmon with Rainbow Noodles
A simple grilled salmon dish with lots of colour and a lovely balance of Asian flavours. Perfect for a warm evening when minimal effort is required!
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce gluten-free if required
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Salmon and rainbow noodles
- ¼ purple cabbage finely shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ginger finely grated
- 4x 120g salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime finely grated zest and juice
- 270 g dried soba noodles
- 4 spring onions/scallion shredded
- Whisk all dressing ingredient together in a large bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and chilli to dressing and set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Preheat oven grill to 220degC/430 Fahrenheit. Lay salmon fillets on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Mix sweet chilli sauce, lime zest and juice and ginger together and spoon over salmon fillets.
- Grill salmon for 6-8 minutes or until just cooked through (I actually prefer my salmon ever so slightly under-done).
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook noodles according to packet instructions or until just cooked (be careful not to overcook the noodles, they should still have a bit of bite in them). Drain and rinse the noodles under cold water.
- Toss drained noodles with cabbage, carrot, dressing and spring onion.
- To serve, divide noodles between plates and top with a piece of salmon.