Banana Honey ‘Ice cream’
Homemade banana honey ice cream is the easiest thing to make; and you don’t need a fancy ice cream maker machine, all you need is a food processor and a few ingredients.
- 3 large ripe bananas peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- Place bananas in a dish lined with baking paper and freeze overnight or at least 8 hours until frozen hard.
- Thaw bananas for 5 minutes (this will make it easier to blitz) and place in food processor with yoghurt, vanilla and honey. Process until smooth and the consistency of ice-cream.
- Serve immediately or return to freezer until ready to serve.
The words ‘healthy’ and ‘ice cream’ don’t usually go together in the same sentence, but in this case they do! Banana honey and greek yoghurt is a combination made in heaven, and is so delicious in this ice cream. For a dairy-free option, replace the yoghurt with coconut cream or coconut yoghurt. If you’re a fan of healthy homemade ice cream, you have to check out my recipe for three ingredient boysenberries & cream ice cream and my vanilla ice cream date caramel sundae.