Vege and cheese wrap
This veggie wrap is great to take to work already made up, then just pop in a sandwich press at work to warm it up and get that cheese nice and melty.
- Sandwich press
- 1 wrap or Lebanese-style flatbread gluten-free if required
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- roast pumpkin kumara, capsicum a few thick slices
- baby kale or spinach leaves a handful
- courgette slices cooked
- 3-4 pieces pickled artichoke
- sliced onion
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
You need a sandwich press for this
- At home, layer the ingredients in the centre of a large wrap, starting with hummus and ending with the cheese, then season with salt and pepper; leave the edges clear. Roll up, folding in the ends as you go. Wrap tightly in baking paper and tie with string.
- Preheat the sandwich press. Place the wrap across the whole machine and press the lid down to heat through for a few minutes.
Any veggies work great in this recipe, but I think leftover roast vege like capsicum, pumpkin and kumara is best with a handful of leafy greens for nutrients. Pickled artichoke is one of my favourite things – I can’t get enough of it! Feta would also be great in this recipe instead of the Swiss cheese. If you want more protein, add in some cooked meat – there are no rules and the possibilities are endless! Use your favourite gluten-free wrap or flatbread if required.