Shredded roast Duck, Orange and Snow Pea Salad
This dish is a great way to eat Chinese roast duck, the veggies and dressing will help lighten it up and will taste great with the crispy skin!
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce 3
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 150 g snow peas
- 3 oranges segmented
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 roast duck* meat shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Blanch snow peas by plunging into boiling water to cook for 1 minute, then drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water (this will ensure they stay nice and crunchy).
- Toss drained snow peas, oranges, cherry tomatoes and duck meat together. Just before serving toss with the dressing and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
* Either buy a roast duck from a Chinese restaurant, or to roast a duck yourself preheat an oven to 180 degC/355 Fahrenheit, prick duck all over with a sharp knife, season with salt and pepper, and place on a roasting rack inside a roasting dish. Roast for 1 ½ hours, letting all the fat render out. Buy a roast duck from a Chinese restaurant to fast track this recipe and create a delicious, stylish entree or light lunch in under 10 minutes. If you want to roast the duck yourself, see below for a recipe.