Savoury Nut Scatter
This nut scatter is perfect for sprinkling over and tossing through salads for extra flavour and texture. There’s only one problem with it – it’s seriously addictive!
- 1½ teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves finely chopped
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts chopped
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts chopped
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 pinch ground chilli or chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Crush coriander, cumin and fennel seeds in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and mix with curry powder.
- Heat olive oil in a medium fry-pan on low-medium heat. Add garlic, spice mixture, lemon zest and rosemary, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add nuts and continue cooking, stirring to coat everything nice and evenly, for a few minutes to lightly toast the nuts.
- Add smoked paprika, sea salt, chilli (if using) and maple syrup – the maple syrup will bubble away. Stir to coat everything and keep cooking for a further 1 minute or so. Turn off heat and transfer to a dish or bowl to cool completely and go crunchy before storing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.