These juicy roast portabello mushrooms make a beautiful side dish to barbecued or roasted meat.
Portabello mushrooms are one of my favourite vegetables. They’re great as a side, or even in burgers instead of a meat patty.
This recipe comes from the August/September issue of NADIA magazine.
- portabello mushrooms 12, stalks intact
- garlic 4 cloves, roughly chopped
- balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons
- runny honey 1 teaspoon
- olive oil 3 tablespoons
- fresh thyme 8 sprigs
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel and place (gill-side up) in an oven-proof dish.
- Combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over the mushrooms. Scatter whole thyme sprigs on top.
- Roast mushrooms for 12-15 minutes until just cooked through.