Say goodbye to coffee, and hello to turmeric lattes! They’re warming and nourishing, not to mention packed with antioxidants!
Turmeric is rock star ingredient and, along with the ginger and cinnamon, it makes a comforting, nourishing hot drink. You can use milk instead of water for a creamier drink. I’ve added a heaped tablespoon of nut butter for extra creaminess – it also helps create a nice creamy froth on top of the latte (just like the creamy frothy part on top of a latte or cappuccino!).
Here’s a great tip from one of my followers – you can make a paste by blending everything with just a dash of water and then freeze the paste in ice cube trays; then just blend up with water/milk when you’re ready to have one. Enjoy!
- fresh turmeric 3cm piece, peeled (or 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder)
- fresh ginger 2cm piece, peeled (or ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- black pepper pinch of
- honey 1 heaped teaspoon
- almond, cashew nut or hazelnut butter 1 heaped tablespoon
- water 1 ½ cups (or milk, for a creamier drink)
- ground cinnamon ½ - ¾ teaspoon
- vanilla essence or extract 1 teaspoon
- salt good pinch of
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Warm up in a small pot and pour into mugs, or pour into mugs and warm up in the microwave. Sprinkle over more cinnamon to serve.