Say goodbye to coffee, and hello to turmeric lattes! They’re warming and nourishing, not to mention packed with antioxidants!
Turmeric is such a rock star ingredient, I like to use it as many places as I can. Along with the ginger and cinnamon, it makes a comforting, nourishing hot drink. You can use milk instead of water for a creamier drink. I’ve added a heaped tablespoon of nut butter for extra creaminess – it also helps create a nice creamy froth on top of the latte (just like the creamy frothy part on top of a latte or cappuccino!). Keep some already made in the fridge and simply heat in the morning. Enjoy!
- fresh turmeric 3cm piece, peeled (or 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder)
- fresh ginger 2cm piece, peeled (or ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- honey 1 heaped teaspoon
- almond, cashew nut or hazelnut butter 1 heaped tablespoon
- water 1 ½ cups (or milk, for a creamier drink)
- ground cinnamon ½ - ¾ teaspoon
- vanilla essence or extract 1 teaspoon
- salt good pinch of
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Warm up in a small pot and pour into mugs, or pour into mugs and warm up in the microwave. Sprinkle over more cinnamon to serve.