Spiced chocolate and cranberry cookies
Spiced chocolate and cranberry cookies are the perfect Christmas time treat! Ideal to have on hand for when guests come round, and to pop under the tree for Santa with a glass of milk!
This recipe comes from our lovely recipe developers at My Food Bag.
- brown sugar 1⁄3 cup
- caster sugar 1⁄3 cup
- plain flour 1 1⁄2 cups
- ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- ground all spice 1⁄2 teaspoon
- ground nutmeg 1⁄2 teaspoon
- salt 1⁄2 teaspoon
- baking soda 1⁄2 teaspoon
- dried cranberries 1⁄2 cup
- dark chocolate chips 1⁄4 cup
- white chocolate chips 1⁄4 cup
- butter 75g, melted
- large egg 1, whisked
- vanilla bean paste or essence 1 teaspoon
Preheat oven to 190°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl including cranberries and chocolate and stir to combine.
- Add melted butter, egg and vanilla and mix gently to form a dough. Take care not to overmix. If mixture seems a little dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk or melted butter until it reaches dough consistency.
- Measure slightly heaped tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Place onto prepared trays about 4-5cm apart. Flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Swap trays halfway to ensure even baking. Leave to cool on tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze.