A recipe out of Fresh Start, Feel Good!
This nut scatter is perfect for sprinkling over and tossing through salads for extra flavour and texture. There’s only one problem with it – it’s seriously addictive!
- coriander seeds 1 ½ teaspoons
- cumin seeds 1 ½ teaspoons
- fennel seeds 1 teaspoon
- curry powder 1 teaspoon
- olive oil 2 teaspoons
- garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
- lemon zest of ½
- rosemary leaves 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- raw macadamia nuts ½ cup chopped
- raw cashew nuts ½ cup chopped
- smoked paprika ½ teaspoon
- flaky sea salt 1 teaspoon
- ground chilli or chilli flakes good pinch
- maple syrup 1 tablespoon
- Crush coriander, cumin and fennel seeds in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and mix with curry powder.
- Heat olive oil in a medium fry-pan on low-medium heat. Add garlic, spice mixture, lemon zest and rosemary, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add nuts and continue cooking, stirring to coat everything nice and evenly, for a few minutes to lightly toast the nuts.
- Add smoked paprika, sea salt, chilli (if using) and maple syrup – the maple syrup will bubble away. Stir to coat everything and keep cooking for a further 1 minute or so. Turn off heat and transfer to a dish or bowl to cool completely and go crunchy before storing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.