Pesto cream cheese puffs
These pesto cream cheese puffs are a great one to take to a pot luck morning tea! They’re a tasty and elegant treat.
Check out my pesto recipe here if you want to make your own (it’s always better home made!)
This recipe comes from the June/July issue of NADIA magazine.
- plain flour 2 cups
- baking powder 4 teaspoons
- celery salt 1 teaspoon
- tasty cheese ½ cup, grated
- whole corn kernels 1 tin, well drained
- eggs 2
- milk 1 cup
- oil ¼ cup
- cream cheese 100 grams
- pesto 3-4 tablespoons, plus extra to serve
Preheat the oven to 190°C and lightly grease or spray a 12-hole muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and celery salt into a large bowl, then stir in the cheese and corn and toss to combine.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and oil together, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together until just mixed.
- Half-fill muffin holes with mixture, then place a small teaspoon each of cream cheese and pesto in the middle of each one. Cover with remaining mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until puffed, golden and spongy when tapped on the top.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin. Serve warm with extra pesto.