This is a super-tasty way to cook chicken. If you love lemongrass, like I do, this is a must-try dish.
If you don’t have fresh lemongrass, it’s no problem to use frozen – you can often find it in big bags in the frozen section of an Asian supermarket. Serve with steamed rice and lots of stir-fried greens, this lemongrass chicken is my idea of a quick healthy tasty dinner.
- chicken thighs 600g boneless and skinless, cut into thick 3cm slices
- fish sauce 2 ½ tablespoons
- soy sauce 1 tablespoon (GF if required)
- turmeric powder 2 teaspoons
- brown sugar 1 ½ tablespoons
- red chilli 2 teaspoons minced
- lemongrass ⅓ cup finely chopped
- oil 2 tablespoons
- water ⅓ cup
- lemongrass 2 teaspoons finely chopped
- steamed rice 2 cups
- steamed vegetables 2 cups
- Marinate chicken in fish sauce, soy sauce, turmeric, brown sugar, chilli and half of the lemongrass at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan on medium to high heat. Stir-fry remaining lemongrass for 1 minute until fragrant. Add marinated chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Add water, cover partially with a lid, lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced.
- Sprinkle extra lemongrass over the top and serve with rice and steamed vegetables.