Japanese dressing is one of my go-to dressings for salads, and especially my Japanese-style beef carpaccio!
Try this Japanese dressing tossed through a simple slaw, or in my Japanese Beef Carpaccio recipe.
To make this dressing gluten-free, use tamari or gluten-free soy sauce in place of regular soy sauce, and swap mirin for sugar.
Dressing will keep for a week in the fridge.
- lime or lemon juice ½ cup, freshly squeezed
- light soy sauce ⅓ cup (or use tamari for gluten free)
- sesame oil 2 teaspoons
- mirin 2 teaspoons (or use sugar for gluten free)
- extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon
- shallot 1, finely chopped
- red chilli 1, finely chopped (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
Serving suggestion: Spoon over beef carpaccio with baby radishes, apple, carrot and coriander.