Frozen yogurt bananas are a great healthy treat for kids and adults!
Serve these frozen yoghurt bananas as part of a kids birthday party spread along with Healthier Sausage Rolls, Mini Cheesy Hotdogs, Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes with Whipped Milk Chocolate Ganache and Iced Nutella Shakes! I think Greek yoghurt works best for this recipe due to how thick and creamy it is. You can also sprinkle your bananas in chopped nuts, freeze-dried fruit or good old fashioned sprinkles!
This recipe comes from the October/November issue of NADIA magazine.
- bananas 6
- wooden skewers or long ice-block sticks 12
- yoghurt 500 grams, thick plain or flavoured (I used Greek-style yoghurt with honey)
- coconut 1 cup, toasted
- chocolate ½ cup, flaked or finely chopped
- Line a large tray with baking paper and make space in the freezer.
- Cut the bananas in half across the middle and insert a skewer or ice-block stick into the end of each.
- Dip bananas in the yoghurt, then roll them in coconut or sprinkle with chocolate flakes.
- Lay on the tray and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Coat your banana with any of your favourite toppings such as chopped nuts, sprinkles or freeze-dried fruit.