For a fun Summery dessert, make homemade frozen fruit pops with the kids!
Here’s two recipes that kids are sure to love – mango and passionfruit yoghurt pops and berry cooler fruit pops. Both are gluten-free and refined-sugar free, unlike most store-bought versions! You can buy ice block moulds at most kitchen shops, I find them so useful for whipping up a quick, easy to eat Summer treat. However you can just use plastic cups as moulds. Kids could have lots of fun in the kitchen experimenting with flavours, just use the recipes below as guidelines!
Mango and passionfruit yoghurt pops
- fresh mango 1 cup, diced
- passionfruit 3, scooped-out or ½ cup passionfruit sauce
- Greek yoghurt ¾ cup
- coconut water ½ cup
- drizzle of honey
Berry cooler pops
- blueberries 1 cup
- ripe strawberries 1 cup, diced
- naturally sweetened blackcurrant juice or apple juice 1 ½ cups
Mango and passionfruit yoghurt pops:
- Combine mango with scooped-out passionfruit or passionfruit sauce.
- Mix together with Greek yoghurt and coconut water and sweeten with a drizzle of honey.
- Spoon into ice-block moulds and chill in freezer for 20 minutes then add ice-block sticks and freeze until solid.
Berry cooler pops:
- Combine blueberries with strawberries and mix with juice.
- Spoon into ice-block moulds or plastic cups and freeze for about 1 hour until slushy then add an ice-block stick to each and freeze until solid.