These light and fresh prawn avocado spring rolls are filled with delicious prawns, avocados, fresh herbs, vegetables and extra peanuts for flavor and crunch.
Once your ingredients are prepped, the fun begins when you roll the healthy ingredients in softened rice paper sheets. If you’d prefer not to use prawn, shredded chicken is equally delicious. Dipped in a sweet chilli and lime sauce, these rolls are a great starter, light lunch or healthy snack.
- oil 2 tablespoons
- raw shelled prawns 400-500g (or thinly sliced chicken breast)
- lemongrass 2 stalks, finely chopped
- garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
- rice paper 20 large sheets
- large ripe mango 1, peeled and thinly sliced
- firm ripe avocados 2, sliced
- telegraph cucumber ½, halved lengthways, seeds removed and sliced into thin 4cm-long batons
- red capsicum 1, cored and cut into thin strips
- roasted peanuts ½ cup, finely chopped
- coriander (cilantro) 1 cup, roughly chopped
- sweet chilli sauce 4 tablespoons
- limes juice of 2
- sesame oil 1 teaspoon
- soy sauce or fish sauce 1-2 tablespoons, to taste (GF if required)
- Pat prawns dry with paper towels and season with salt. Heat oil in a wok or large fry pan on high heat and cook prawns and/or chicken, lemongrass and garlic for 3-5 minutes or until prawns and /or chicken is just cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- When ready to assemble rice rolls, place a clean damp tea towel flat on the bench. Soak 1-2 sheets of rice paper in a shallow dish of warm water at a time for 20-30 seconds.
- Carefully transfer to clean damp flat tea towel. Place a slice of mango, avocado, cucumber and capsicum in the centre of the rice paper.
- Top with 1-2 prawns, sprinkle over a few peanuts and some coriander. Be careful not to over-fill the wrappers (or they will be too hard to roll!).
- To roll the wrappers, flip bottom half of rice wrapper over the filling, then fold in edges and roll wrapper up. Transfer to a serving plate with the seam side down.
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients.
- Serve summer rolls with a bowl of dipping sauce on the side.