Chocolate ganache may be simple, but it is a very handy recipe to have up your sleeve!
This recipe makes the best icing in my opinion – it whips up nice and fluffy. To use it as icing, pop in the fridge and make sure it is very cold but still runny (1-2 hours). Then, use an electric beater to whip up into a mousse-like consistency (about 2 minutes) before spreading onto your cooled cake. Yum! Check out these recipes that use ganache:
For a dairy-free version, check out this recipe.
- dark chocolate, roughly chopped 400 grams
- cream 250 mililetres
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
- Gently heat the cream on the stovetop until near boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate.
- Allow to stand for 1 minute, then stir together until smooth, dark and glossy. Leave to cool.
- Once cool, refrigerate until it reaches desired consistency – firm for rolling into truffles, runny for dipping and icing.