The light citrus flavour of these bliss balls is so delicious, and goes so well with the rich chocolate flavour!
The volume of dates may seem like a lot, but use regular baking dates, not medjool dates in this recipe. I love having these bliss balls in the fridge for an afternoon sweet treat with a cup of tea. Use oranges if tangelos aren’t in season.
- pecans 50 grams
- desiccated coconut ⅓ cup
- pitted dates 20
- cacao powder ⅓ cup
- tangelo zest 1 tablespoon
- pecans ¼ cup
- desiccated coconut ¼ cup
- tangelo zest 1 teaspoon
- In a food processor whizz pecans, coconut and dates until finely chopped.
- Add cacao powder and tangelo zest and whizz until the mixture forms an evenly mixed ball.
- Roll the mixture into about 16 walnut-sized (20g) balls.
- Whizz pecans, coconut and tangelo zest until fine crumbs.
- Roll the balls in the crumbs and chill for at least 1 hour.