Easy three-ingredient Boysenberries & cream ice cream
I love making home-made ice cream and sorbet when the weather heats up. This boysenberries & cream ice cream is a favourite for balmy summer nights!
It’s a low sugar treat that you and the kids will love and can easily be made dairy free with the use of coconut cream! Best of all it take all of about 5 minutes to make, and you don’t need a fancy ice cream maker – just a food processor. If you can’t find boysenberries, use a mixture of frozen raspberries and blackcurrants.
- frozen boysenberries 1 x 500g packet
- cream 1/3 – ½ cup (or coconut cream to make it dairy free)
- apple syrup 1-2 tablespoons (optional) (you could also use honey instead)
- Place frozen boysenberries in the food processor and blitz. While the motor is running, drizzle in the cream. Blitz until smooth and the consistency of ice cream. You will need to scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times to make sure everything gets blitzed.
- Taste the ice cream, and if you would like it a little sweeter, add the apple syrup or honey and blitz briefly to incorporate it. Serve ice cream immediately, or scoop into a container and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Scoop into chilled glasses or ice cream cones. Yum!