This is a great basic pizza dough. I love making pizza for an easy Friday night dinner, check out my favourite recipes below.
Once this pizza dough is rolled out into bases, wrap them in plastic wrap and pop in the freezer. So handy for a quick meal!
Here are my favourite pizza toppings to serve with this dough:
- yeast 4 teaspoons
- caster sugar 1 teaspoon
- warm water 1¾ cups
- plain flour 4 cups
- sea salt 1 teaspoon
- olive oil 2 tablespoons, for oiling bowl
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and water and mix well. Leave for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour the wet yeast mixture into the flour and form into a dough with your hands.
- Transfer to a clean, floured surface and knead for 5-8 minutes until smooth and elastic. If too sticky, add a little flour; if too dry, add a teaspoon of water.
- Place the dough in a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave to rest in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled and puffed up.
- Remove from the bowl and knead again for 2-3 minutes, then quarter the dough and shape into pizza bases.