Apple, Pear and Raisin Tarts with Cinnamon Yoghurt Cream
These simple, rustic apple, pear and raisin tarts are scrumptious and easy to make! They’re perfect for an Autumn or mid-winter treat with a side of cinnamon yoghurt cream (a mix of cream and yoghurt, spiked with cinnamon).
The ground almonds sprinkled over the pastry helps to soak up any extra moisture from the fruit, keeping the pastry base from going soggy.
Of course, you could get creative and use any fruit you like depending on what season it is where you are – pineapple, feijoas and apricots are all great alternatives.
- butter 2 tablespoons
- apple 1, peeled and diced (Granny Smith or Balarat apples are best)
- pear 1, peeled and diced
- raisins 1/4 cup
- ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- lemon zest of 1
- liquid honey or maple syrup 2-3 tablespoons
- ground almonds 1/2 cup (optional)
- puff pastry 1 sheet
Cinnamon yoghurt cream
- cream ½ cup
- natural yoghurt 1/2 cup
- cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- icing sugar 2 tablespoons, plus extra for dusting
Preheat oven to 200 degC/390 Fahrenheit. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a large fry pan on medium heat. Cook apple, pear, raisins, cinnamon and lemon zest for about 2 minutes until apples are starting to soften. Add honey/maple syrup, toss to coat the fruit, and continue cooking for another minute or so – until most of the moisture from the mixture has evaporated.
- Cut pastry sheet in half, into two rectangles, and place on a baking tray. Use the back of a knife to lightly score a 1cm border around the inside of each piece of pastry. Sprinkle the ground almonds (if using) on the pastry, trying your best to keep within the border (but don’t worry if it spills over a bit). Spoon fruit mixture over the ground almonds, keeping within the pastry border.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- While the tart is cooking, whip the cream and fold together with the yoghurt, icing sugar and cinnamon.
To serve, cut into slices, dust with icing sugar and serve with a spoonful of cinnamon yoghurt cream.