Raspberry, lychee and mango bellini
Raspberries with the tropical aromatic flavours of lychee and mango with prosecco make the perfect refreshing summer bellini.
- 2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 can lychees fruit and juice
- 1 can mangoes drained
- lime juice of 1
- chilled champagne sparkling wine or prosecco
- Puree raspberries, the whole tin of lycheese (fruit and juice), mango pieces (but not the juice) and lime juice, until smooth.
- To serve, spoon or pour about 1 1/2 tablespoons of fruit puree into each person’s glass, then top glasses up with champagne, sparkling wine or prosecco, give a quick stir, say cheers and drink!
A Bellini is a cocktail of fruit puree and sparkling wine, champagne or prosecco, invented by the Italians – traditionally peach is used. This concoction was made up by my kitchen buddy Mike at My Food Bag when we had a bit of a party in the office (we love experimenting with new flavours and having a bit of fun at the end of the day!). Make the fruit puree in advance and keep it in a bottle or jug in the fridge for a couple of days (or you can even freeze it in an ice cube tray), then simply pour a bit into everyone’s glass, pop the top off a couple of bottles of champagne, and it’s time to party! Here’s another favourite cocktail of mine – pineapple mojito!