Mexican street corn
Mexican street corn is a summer favourite when fresh ripe corn is in abundance and the BBQ is going!
- 5 whole corn cobs husks and silks removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- cayenne pepper or chilli powder good pinch of
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 limes cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat BBQ or a grill pan on medium high heat.
- Cut corn cobs in half, brush with oil and season with salt. Grill corn on the BBQ or grill pan until slightly charred all over and kernels are bright yellow (about 8 minutes).
- Transfer to a serving plate and, while the corn is still hot, brush generously with mayonnaise, sprinkle over cayenne pepper/chilli and parmesan. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over just before eating.
This street corn is soooo moreish and is a great one to do if you’re having people over for a casual BBQ. You could even tie it in with a whole Mexican theme (my favourite menu to serve to large groups of people), serving it with tacos, a couple of different slow cooked or barbecued meats and/or vegetables, salsa, salad and guacamole. And of course, some chilled beer! Easy, fun and super tasty! Check out my recipes here for a full Mexican fiesta!