Peanut butter, cacao and banana Snickers bar thickshake
This healthy thickshake is full of nutty chocolatey goodness! Perfect for an afternoon treat or breakfast on the run, or when you feel like sneaking a snickers bar!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 small ripe avocado flesh or 1/2 medium
- 3-4 tablespoons good-quality peanut butter I used Pics
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao powder or you could use good quality dark cocoa
- milk e.g. soy, almond, cow’s just enough to cover ingredients in the blender
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup optional, if you like it sweeter
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
It’s got all the flavour that a snickers bar has, but is obviously muuuuch better for you! Adding avocado makes it very thick, creamy and filling, but it’s fine to leave it out if you prefer. For a dairy-free version use soy milk for a nice nutty flavour. Kids LOVE this smoothie – it’s a perfect after school treat that will fill them up till dinner time, and satisfy any sweet cravings while providing great healthy fats and protein.