Nut butter choc-chip cookies
Using nut butter in these cookies makes them rich, nutty and delicious, and replaces the need for regular butter or flour, making them gluten and dairy-free. They’re a little chewy and soft inside – simply scrumptious with a glass of milk. And you won’t believe how quick and easy they are to make!
- 1 cup nut butter e.g. peanut butter or almond butter or use ½ cup nut butter and ½ cup rolled oats (not GF or desiccated coconut)
- ½ cup brown or muscovado sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate milk or dark or sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180degC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture and place on prepared oven tray. Flatten slightly with the back of a fork or spoon. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool. If storing, allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Have a couple with a glass of milk – yum!
If you like, you can replace half the nut butter with rolled oats, and you can also replace the chocolate chips with sultanas. *Gluten-free without oats, or use desiccated coconut instead of oats *Dairy-free if you use dairy-free dark chocolate or sultanas