Mango and Avocado Smoked Chicken Salad
This is one of my go-to meals for a quick, simple and tasty weekend lunch or dinner. Smoked chicken, mango and avocado taste sublime together, with fresh crunchy vegetables and a sweet chilli citrus dressing.
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe mango sliced
- ½ telegraph cucumber halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 4 handfuls mesclun leaves
- 400 g smoked chicken or 2 breasts, sliced (see my Hot Smoked Chicken recipe, or use store bought)
- toasted foccacia or garlic bread optional
- Whisk sweet chilli, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil together to form dressing. Season to taste with salt (or a bit of soy sauce or tamari sauce) and pepper.
- Toss dressing with mango, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, basil, mesclun and smoked chicken.
- Divide salad between plates and serve with toasted foccacia or garlic bread if desired.
You can either buy smoked chicken or you can smoke your own using my method/recipe here (with no preservatives or additives). Failing that, just use left over roasted chicken – still delicious! Check out the video below to see how I do it – it really is less complicated than you might think, and the flavour is incredible! I much prefer to smoke my own chicken, as the supermarket version is often loaded up with preservatives and additives.